Staying Safe on the Roads During the Holiday Season
The holiday season should be a joyous time, one you spend with your friends and family, filling up on food and receiving all the gifts you hoped you would get. But the holidays are also a time when, unfortunately, the number of car accidents on our roads increase. Car accidents can be incredibly devastating. If you’re involved in one, the car accident attorney at Joseph Law, PLLC can help you get compensated for your injuries and the damages done to your vehicle.
Why Do Car Accidents Spike During the Holidays?
There are many reasons why car accidents happen more frequently during the holidays than other times of the year. For one, there are many more people traveling to visit friends and family during this time of year, meaning there are more vehicles on the road than normal and the drivers are driving for longer periods of time, especially if they’re going to visit loved ones who live far away. On top of that, people tend to be more stressed this time of year, despite all that Christmas cheer. Plus, people tend to make a bad decision and drive under the influence of alcohol. Combining these factors together is what leads to a spike in car accidents this time of year.
Staying Safe While Driving
Fortunately, there are numerous ways we can stay safe while driving, not just during the holidays but any time of the year. Some tips include to:
- Never use your phone behind the wheel.
- Avoid doing things like eating, applying makeup, and other distracting activities while in the driver’s seat.
- Try to remain focused when in command of a vehicle. It’s easy to zone out when driving—surely it’s happened to all of us before—but staying vigilant can help you avoid serious accidents.
- Always be aware of your surroundings, especially at night when drunk drivers are more prone to be behind the wheel.
- Be cautious when driving in snowy and icy conditions, especially if you’re traveling somewhere it snows a lot.
What Should I Do if I’m Involved in a Car Accident?
If you’ve been in a car accident that was the other driver’s fault, a car accident attorney can help you receive compensation for any injuries, damages, and lost time at work. If you’re in need of a car accident attorney, you want to go with someone you can trust, someone who has the skills and knowledge needed to help you. Joseph Law, PLLC, can help you. Call us today to learn more!